Sunday, September 9, 2007

7. Diversions

I must admit that I was a tiny bit discouraged to find out that I had cut out the wrong size. So, instead of plunging in and cutting out a new muslin, I took a short break and made up one of my TNT (tried and true) patterns today: a Hawaiian shirt for my husband. I used fabric that he had picked out this summer in Hawaii! (We went there to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.)
(To see my review of this pattern click here .)

Here he is in his new shirt:



It wasn't a complete waste of time, wedding-dress-wise, because I practiced a technique for attractive seams - I made French seams. A small tutorial on how to make French seams can be found here: click here

Here are a couple of close-ups of the inside of my husband's new shirt:



See, no raw edges showing anywhere! Inside or out!

Now, it's back to the wedding dress! :)

2 comments:

Faerie Kat said...

Nice shirt; nicer seams; nicest hubby! Whee! You rock, Gwen!

Susan said...

beautiful seams, gwen!! :)